For a wonderful (and secure) year ahead, consider Cyber Resolutions for 2019
1. I will change all default passwords on my personal and work devices.
2. I will regularly check for updates to the operating systems of my laptop, computer and mobile phone.
3. I will install strong anti-virus software and keep it updated.
4. I will think twice before clicking on unknown links or attachments in emails.
5. I will authorise payments to new transfer partners via telephone to minimise risk of fraud.
6. I will not share sensitive information on social media that could be used against me in phishing attacks.
7. I will back up my entire system at least once a week on an external hard drive.
8. I will encrypt my mobile phone and all of my other devices.
9. I will talk to my kids (or parents) about how to stay safe online.
10. In the event that resolutions 1-9 fail, I'll have a cyber insurance policy in place to save the day!
(Courtesy of CFC Underwriting Ltd)
E G Murray is a trading name of E G Murray Insurance Services (firm reference no 140071) and E G Murray Financial Planning Ltd (firm reference no 590286). Both companies are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.